Detailed review from MC Dizzy Jackson, KZSU, Stanford, CA
Posted by Trudi Brown on June 06, 2012. 0 Comments
Thanks to MC Dizzy Jackson for his detailed, cool, interesting review of "Revolution Rhapsody aka: Uprising Music" !!! :-)
|Bushmaster / Revolution Rhapsody|
|Add Date:||2012-06-02||Pull Date:||2012-08-04|
|MC Dizzy Jackson
|Bushmaster, featuring Gary Brown, is based out of Pennsylvania and play some funky, bluesy, rockin’ music. Brown’s guitar is the centerpiece and he channels some Stevie Ray Vaughan and Hendrix. Big drums, bass, some organ. No FCC’s.
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 11.
1. *(4:47) Mid. Spoken intro. Barroom vibe, strong guitar.
2. (4:08) Slow / Mid. Mellow, plodding beat, guitar leads.
3. *(5:56) Mid. Catchy beat, nice percussion, organ, echoey vocals, female vocals.
4. *(3:00) Mid. Processed vocals, great percussion, lo-fi bluesy / reggae vibe.
5. (4:19) Mid. Big, driving sound, crunchy guitar, cymbal strikes, guitar lead final 2 min.
6. (3:32) Mid. Big Stevie Ray Vaughan influence. Steady pace, organ & guitar prominent.
7. (2:28) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Strut w/ swirling organ, mean guitar, heavy beat.
8. *(2:51) MId. Upbeat barroom workout, catchy and funky.
9. *(5:49) Mid. Upbeat, funky, SRV guitar influence. Spacey, interlude w/ processed vocal.
10. (3:37) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. A bit of a car-chase theme, cool percussion, funky.
11. *(2:39) Mid. Big, funky strut. Killer.
12. (6:23) Slow. Mellow, sparse dirge. Heartfelt vocal delivery. Nice.
13. (3:52) Mid. Acoustic guitar start, then gets ‘80‘s era heavy metal-ish.
14. (0:16) Quick spoken piece.
15. (0:07) German language intro.
16. (4:20) Mid. Electronica intro. Remix of track #3. Really danceable ditty. Trippy, unexpected stuff.
|1.||Cumberland Blues||9.||River Flow-Splash|
|2.||I Will Shine||10.||Trudi|
|3.||Victim Of Nostalgia||11.||40 Acres And A Mule|
|4.||Arizona Shame On Ya||12.||Nothing Up Your Sleeve|
|5.||Phoney People||13.||We All Fall Down|
|6.||Ball N Jack||14.||Alycia Outro|
|7.||Sidewalk Strut||15.||Randy Intro|
|8.||War On The Poor||16.||Victim Of Nostalgia Remix|